Thursday, September 24, 2009

Questions about teacher tenure

Does anyone know about teacher tenure requirements? Do we need to stay in the same position to obtain tenure in a school? Can teacher and librarian be counted as a same position. I was a math teacher first year and latter I changed to be a school librarian in the same school and I have been in this position for another 1 and half years. If anyone knows the rule or any website I can find out the answers, please let me know. I am curious about this. Thank you.
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany
    It is usually 3 years in the same district. They may have an additional requirement that requires you to be in the same position as well!!
    Here is the New Jersey's DOE website....I'm assuming you teach in New Jersey. This may help you.
    Grace
    http://www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete