Sunday, November 1, 2009

Article on Web 1.0 vs. Web 2.0

I just wanted to share this article with everyone. In one of the most recent issues of The Reading Teacher (September 2009), there is a wonderful article entitled "Becoming Critical Consumers and Producers of Text: Teaching Literacy with Web 1.0 and Web 2.0". After reading the article, I thought it was both relevant and helpful in terms of topics /concepts we are exploring/discussing in class. The article highlights examples of both Web 1.0 and Web 2.0, while also revealing the results/benefits of a study one of the authors implemented in her classroom utilizing Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 programs. The main concept I took away from this article is the fact that although some teachers "claim" they are utilizing technology in the classroom, it is one thing to have students type a story on Word but it is a completely different experience having them Blog their thoughts and opinions about a novel they are reading. It really made me think about the extent to which I'm truly incorporating "authentic" experiences with Web 2.0 within my classroom. I recommend taking a look at this article. It is a helpful resource! Enjoy!

Erika Pavlecka 11/1/09

No comments:

Post a Comment